Interview With Dr. Shim Ching
1. Tell us about yourself and your practice.
I am a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in hair restoration in Honolulu, Hawaii. I also focus my practice on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the face, body, and breasts.
2. Tell us a bit about the memberships you hold?
I’m a member of the International Society for Hair Restoration, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
3. What payment options do you offer?
Cash, check, credit cards, and financing.
4. How long have you been in this field and approximately how many procedures of this type have you performed?
We have been performing hair restoration surgery for five years.
5. Please explain the primary procedures performed by your practice.
Hair restoration surgery is performed using the traditional strip harvest method and the newer follicular unit extraction (FUE) method. We perform micrograft hair restoration, where the smallest grafts are made. Micrograft hair restoration results in new hair that looks completely natural. We also offer other hair loss treatments including medications, laser therapy, and platelet rich plasma injections.
6. Do you provide free consultations?
There is a charge for the consultation, but this cost is credited back to patients if they have surgery.
7. How long does a hair transplant procedure take?
The length of procedure depends on the type of surgery, the number of grafts and the complexity of the case.
8. What is the PRP treatment?
PRP stands for platelet rich plasma. Platelets are a component of blood that contain many growth factors, substances that are believed to stimulate hair growth. In this procedure, blood is harvested from a patient and the PRP is purified from this blood sample. The PRP is then injected into the areas of concern.
9. Are the clients kept conscious during the procedure?
Yes all hair restoration procedures are done under local anesthetic.
10. When will the newly transplanted hair start to grow?
Some transplanted hair grows immediately. However the majority of the grafts will start growing in six to twelve months.
11. When can the clients resume normal activities like washing the hair, going in the sun, etc.
Clients may wash their hair gently the next day. Strenuous activities can be resumed in two weeks.
12. Are there any simple outpatient procedures available?
The advantage of hair restoration surgery is that all procedures are done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia.
Contact us now about your hair restoration in Honolulu, Hawaii. We’ll schedule a private, confidential consultation for you to talk with Dr. Ching about your case.
* Original interview here: http://www.bizymoms.com/honolulu/hair-transplant/hair-transplant-honolulu.php